Re: What do we do with our SHA References? (Was: What do we do with our CMS References?)

      FIPS 180-2 is expected to supersede FIPS 180-1, which is why it
contains SHA-1 as well as the three new ones.  While they keep FIPS
standards which have been superseded around for a while, you can no longer
get FIPS 46-2 (lifetime 1993-99) from the FIPS index under CSRC, nor from
the main FIPS page.  We might as well leave in both references, and note
that when FIPS 180-2 is finalized it will supersede FIPS 180-1 and replace
it as the normative reference for SHA-1, as well as providing one for the
other SHA's.

            Tom Gindin

Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>@w3.org on 04/29/2002 04:21:48 PM

Please respond to reagle@w3.org