Re: octet-based processing model

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:15:48 -0400
To: "Blair Dillaway" <blaird@microsoft.com>, "merlin" <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Cc: <xml-encryption@w3.org>
On Monday 27 August 2001 17:54, Blair Dillaway wrote:
> I clearly misunderstood your concern (which is a good thing).  There was
> a discussion of the basic issue you raise on-going at the time you sent
> your initial mail.  See:

So I'm not sure of the resolution of this thread. I've taken a stab at
<del>UTF-encoded</del> in a few places in the Encryption section (4.1.5) that
I think isn't required. Merlin, do you think any other diffs are necessary? I
haven't removed it from Decryption (4.2.4).

Blair, with respect to the mandatoriness of replace-and-encrypt, is your view
that it should be RECOMMENDED with respect to *implementation*? I thought we
agreed mandatory to implement would be a good thing since it will likely be a
common operation and users of xenc implementations can have uniform
expectations about its presence.

Also, a question.

In 4.2.2, what is meant by KeyInfo containing "key attributes." Do we mean
children of KeyInfo?