Re: Questions

From: Donald E. Eastlake 3rd <dee3@torque.pothole.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:16:34 -0400
To: "Chng Bee Tiong" <zmzmz@singnet.com.sg>
cc: "XML Encryption WG" <xml-encryption@w3.org>
Hi,

From:  "Chng Bee Tiong" <zmzmz@singnet.com.sg>
To:  "XML Encryption WG" <xml-encryption@w3.org>
Date:  Wed, 1 Aug 2001 06:07:06 +0800

>On Revision 1.29:
>
>1. Why is AES-192 optional? aes-alg-00.txt states so, but I notice that =
>it remains an open issue in aes-alg-02.txt?

All parts related to AES in this spec should be considered subject to
revision when the dust settles around AES. When we say "optional" in
this document, it means optional to implement for the purposes of
claiming conformance to this recommendation. While we may be very
likely to follow other recommendations, we are not bound by them.

>Sorry if the above questions seem obvious... :-)

Donald