Re: XML PDF file faulty

>Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 15:09:07 +0000
>From: Pontus Marin <pontus.marin@imt.se>
>Sender: xml-editor-request@w3.org
>
>Hello,
>I can open the XML recomendation PDF document, it
>seems to be a fault in it. I downloaded the HTML
>rec. PDF document and that worked fine.
>Do you think it is possible to fix it an mail me?

Can you provide any error messages?  It's hard to fix a problem
without any diagnostics.

One problem others have had is that the PDF of the XML spec was built
for PDF version 3; if your site (like mine, until recently) still has
a version 2 Acrobat reader as the default, errors do result.  (Since
they have now switched to version 3 and taken version 2 away, however,
I can't reproduce the errors and tell you what the error messages
were.)

Any help you can give us in tracking down the precise nature of the
problem will help us a lot in fixing it.

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
 Senior Research Programmer, University of Illinois at Chicago
 Editor, ACH/ACL/ALLC Text Encoding Initiative
 Co-coordinator, Model Editions Partnership

 cmsmcq@uic.edu, tei@uic.edu