Re: use cases for MTOM

ANish Karmarkar writes:

> I am using the term 'streaming' in a difference sense than you are.
> I was using it from the point of view of applications APIs (i.e.
> streaming APIs) and not as a unending broadcast stream.

But I think these are related.  If your "broadcast" stream is of modest
size relative to the link speed, then streaming APIs are not particularly
necessary.  To make the point, consider and extreme case:  you wouldn't
want lots of streaming APIs for a 10 byte message "hey, I got 2 more
bytes."  That's slower than a single call that says "I got all 10".  The
deep reason for streaming APIs, IMO, is to deal with very large messages.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142