Re: PASWA, Include and Protocol Bindings and Content-Codings

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> That's interesting. It's specific to HTTP, but I imagine that most
> transports will have an analogous function. In any case, if we go down a
> binding route, we'll need to specify something seperate for each transport
> anyway.

Yep, I was just using this as an example for a well known binding :) Most
mime-aware protocol  have a way to specify the encoding.

> Thinking out loud, if it were done as something like a HTTP
> content-coding, it would almost seem better to invent a new, non-XML
> syntax to allow it to be more compact and efficient to process (as well as
> not confusing the matter)...
Yes, I was thinking of something like HTTP chunks with a "channel"
identifier. A bit different from BEEP, as the addressing would be inside
the binary blob sent.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C