RE: AFTF requirements, pre-2003/01/31 telcon

Oh, I think that qualified attributes would work just fine ( XInclude
uses qualified elements after all ).

> We have an object--the SOAP XML--with some pointers inside.
> Some of the pointers will resolve to entities in the package;
> some will not.  As far as I can tell the infoset, being
> designed without consideration of our case, treats all
> pointers the same and it considers all referenced entities to
> be outside of the infoset.

The Infoset doesn't say anything about references. It knows nothing
about URIs. Therefore it knows nothing about 'referenced entities', not
even the fact that they exist.

> This is the only sensible answer
> for normal hypertext documents. What you seem to want is a
> "package-set" that has the properties of an infoset extended
> to the pointers that resolve to within the package of data
> sent with the SOAP.

Yes, I want some or all of the 'referenced entities' to actually appear
at the Infoset level. The infoset still doesn't know they were
'referenced entities'. As far as the infoset is concerned the data is
just inline.

> I think the specification can obtain the properties you want
> without the difficult approach of expanding the infoset
> definition to cover a case it was not intended to solve.

I don't see why the definition of the Infoset needs to be expanded. The
current properties of the infoset are just fine. All we need to define
is how a given serialization maps to an Infoset, and I think that part
of that means having information items in the SOAP envelope to
facilitate that mapping.

Gudge