RE: Issue 325: XML Schema encoding

I'm not quite sure how to take that ;-)

> My guess is that
> the way to use
> schemas will not be to do the encoding with schemas (because
> encoding is
> for graphs and schemas aren't),

FWIW - the WS-I Basic Profile group has done some work on describing
graphs in XML Schema

> but someday to define a
> restricted "tree
> only" RPC that uses schema directly.  Very useful, the right
> thing to do,
> but too late for SOAP 1.2.

And what would the difference be between 'tree-only RPC' and 'document'?

> Also, since all this is in
> Adjuncts, we don't
> have to rev. SOAP 1.2 to get there, just publish the
> additional spec at
> the right time, I think, and then do the WSDL (which gets infinitely
> easier, I think.)

Certainly removing encodings and just using schema descriptions directly
makes WSDL much easier.

> So, given that we want graphs, I'd vote +1 and stick with
> what we have.

Cool, that's one vote. Any more out there?

Gudge