Re: Seeking clarification on resolution of issue 389

Noah,

it seems that the word value is overloaded. There are what I would call
application values, and then there is the lexical value of a graph node.

It seems that the 'missing value' case is handled in the data model
section that allows an edge that leads to nowhere (being on the plane, I
don't have the reference) and in the encoding section that specifies
that such edges are serialized with xsi:nil=true.

So unless we want to pursue the issue of the overloaded word 'value', I
think we may just remove the word 'optional' from the editors' draft.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/