Re: The reason for roots?

 Oh, I apologize to those who have proportional fonts and
therefore can't properly see my ASCII-art.
 The graph below is a node A, with outgoing edge 'x' to node C;
and a node B, with outgoing edge 'y' to node C.
 I don't think the graph is a lesser graph just because it has
two roots, either. 8-)
 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/