Re: Draft Resolution for Issue 41

Right; however, according to the current definition (or at least when I
last looked), that intermediary isn't a SOAP Intermediary, which must be
targeted within the envelope. The sender might not be aware of a SOAP
Intermediary's locality (for routing) or identity (in the case that the
actor URI identifies a class of intermediary), but it is aware of at
least the possibility of its existence, due to this constraint.

Integrating non-SOAP intermediaries into the SOAP processing model is a
topic that I've been interested in for a while; however, it's most
likely out of scope for this WG. There might be some future coordination
between whoever does consider it and the IETF OPES Working Group [1][2],
however.

Cheers & back to lurking,

1. http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/opes-charter.html
2. http://www.ietf-opes.org/