From: Williams, Stuart [mailto:skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com]
Sent: 08 March 2002 17:57
To: 'Jacek Kopecky'; amr.f.yassin@philips.com
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Subject: RE: Draft Resolution for Issue 41

Jacek, Amr,

I think we have to say that SOAP 1.2 does not provide *any* normative means
to identify the target "program, service or object". However, SOAP
extensibility, specifically the ability to define the syntax and semantics
of SOAP extension headers, enables the definition of SOAP extensions that
may provide such means.

Personally, in the long run I think we have to give app-designers *one*
standardised extension to do this kind of thing. Giving too many to choose
from threatens interoperability and giving none threatens interoperability
because in the absense of any guidance folks will roll their own.

Regards

Stuart