Re: Web-friendly SOAP

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:

> "One of the principles of Web Architecture is that all important
> resources should be identified by URIs. This implies that many
> well-architected SOAP services will be embodied as large
> numbers or resources, each with its own URI.  Indeed, many
> such resources are likely to be created dynamically during
> operation of the service, as new information becomes available.
> For example, a service offering stock prices might use
> a distinct URI for each stock tracked, and perhaps for
> each date and time for which quotes are provided."

I think your wording is excellent!

As you and others have said, WSDL needs to support this too and in fact
I bugged them about it months ago. It just occurred to me, however, that
with SOAP going to REC much earlier than WSDL, we can effect a change in
thinking and behaviour much faster by doing it in SOAP. Also, SOAP and
WSDL are still separable and some people will use SOAP without WSDL.

 Paul Prescod