Re: text/xml vs. application/soap

 Grahame,
 it's application/soap+xml (note the added +xml).
 Anyway, this MIME type is used in SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding, whereas
the SOAP 1.1 HTTP binding uses text/xml. Therefore SOAP 1.1 nodes
(the prevalent ones now) accept text/xml. The SOAP 1.2 aware
nodes shall accept application/soap+xml.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/