Re: text/xml vs. application/soap

What do people here think about the idea of extending this MIME type when
applications are layered over SOAP, the same way that SOAP is layered over
XML? For example, "application/ice+soap+xml" rather than
"application/soap+xml". It'd have some advantages (i.e. you could manage
messages by application without having to parse the SOAP message, etc., ...
the same reasons that SOAP doesn't simply use "application/xml"), though the
implication is that SOAP processors would have to accept
"application/*soap_xml"...