RE: AFTF: new draft (resent)

Hi Herve,

Ok... however, I think that this is an extension of the convention described
in Part 2 section 5 [1].

What I think that you are allowing is a property value to be a reference to
another context structure of some kind (in this case you've called it a
Compound SOAP structure) which is itself another property container. Cool...
hadn't thought of that.

<snip/>

> > context:OutboundMessage.SOAPMessage 		carries a primary
part and
> > context:OutboundMessage.SecondaryPartBag	carries the corresponding
secondary parts

> > But... I have not participated in the AFTF and its probably too late to
> > introduce or argue these ideas - however I think that would have been
what I
> > would have advocated had I participated in the TF.
>
> This solution, while nice, only works for MEP that can use our would be
> context:OutboundMessage and context:InboundMessage properties for
> defining their messages. A MEP which has 2 outbound messages cannot use
> our context:OutboundMessage property and so will not be compatible with
> the Abstract Attachment Feature.

Now I understand what you have proposed I'm fine with that. The diagram
really helped.

> Moreover, I think it would be signaling in the wrong way for the
> specification of other features: we "own" the "context" prefix, so we
> can add new properties to it. But other people should not define new
> properties with the "context" prefix, otherwise, we would lose all the
> benefits of namespaces.

What you're introducing (which extends the model at [1]) is almost a way of
doing complex value typing for property values (by reference to a
subordinate context that carries an expected set of property values). Yes...
I think that is neater than extending out the property names with facits
(which is also an extension to the model BTW).

> >>There was a diagram
> >>circulated with an earlier draft that made this much more obvious -
> >>Herve, would it be worth putting it back in to the current draft.
> >

> > I'm sure a diagram would be helpful.
>
> I attached a new version of the diagram to this mail. It will be
> included in a future version of the draft, as soon as
> possible (and if the WG agrees).
>
> Hope this help,
>
> Hervé.

I'd still like you to find away to remove the awkward "Note" from the text.
In fact, if what you explained to me here is clear in the document, I don't
think that the note is necessary.

Thanks again,

Best regards

Stuart