RE: SOAP Encoding - Arrays

The reason for the SOAP:array attribute was two fold:

1) We wanted the conformance (capacity) of the array to appear in the
initial element. This is super important for supporting both Java/CLR
and for NDR/CDR efficiently.

2) We wanted the equivalent of xsi:type but with support for arrays (and
arguably typed references). Unfortunately, SOAP/1.1 and earlier were
written during a period of immense churn over in Schemas, so SOAP/1.1
never had a chance to really finish this off.

DB