RE: Section 5 vs Schema

Hi Marc,

On the surface this looks really good, but I'm wondering whether it takes a
lid off of a can of worms. So far we have avoided defining any concrete
programming language bindings - there were some early threads, starting at
[1,2], on the topic of whether or not we were taking on language bindings .

I kind of feel that if we're going to use programming language bindings in
examples (particularly in the spec.) then we should do the whole job of
defining a language binding for the programming language(s) that get used in
examples in normative parts of the spec.

If the PL binding examples are mostly illustrative rather than definitive,
then the primer may be a better place to include fragments that hint at
language bindings.

Regards

Stuart
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2000Nov/0081.html