From: Eugene Kuznetsov [mailto:eugene@datapower.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 12:33 PM
To: Mullins, Chalon; 'David Orchard'; 'xml-dist-app'
Subject: RE: FW: Why web-style session state management doesn't work for
web services, methinks

> If this is handled in the transport binding, I guess that's OK --
> as long as it's clear how to handle the cross transport hop
> scenario noted above.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Maintaining this session
information across transport hops is hard, and it places
an additional requirement on all transport bindings in
existence now or developed in the future to provide
"cookie" capability that maps to that of other transports.

To approach this from a different direction and (on the
larger question about multiple cascading requests), how
is all this different from CORBA object service contexts
and RequestID's? other existing object/RPC contenxt-management
mechanisms?

\\ Eugene Kuznetsov
\\ eugene@datapower.com
\\ DataPower Technology, Inc.