RE: Proposed rewrite of Part 1, section 2 (long)

Marc,

Firstly, I find the transition from 'actor' to 'role' in the narrative makes
the narrative that is much easier to understand, if as we have been saying
for some time (since Dianrd) that the URI carried in an actor attribute
names/labels a role rather than naming/labeling a particular SOAP node.

I'm also sympathetic to changing renaming the 'actor' attribute to 'role' to
be consistent with the narrative, however I am also open to the change in
the narrative without changing the name of the attribute to avoid any
implementation/interop pain for folks that have actually implemented it. The
downside is that it might leave some lingering confusion between the
narrative description and the name of the attribute... since apart from the
name of the attribute... the concept of actor disappears (I think) and we
are left simply with the roles assumed/played by SOAP nodes.

One editorial:

Sections 2.2 it states:
"While the purpose of a SOAP [actor|role] name is to identify a SOAP
Node..."

This seems to contradict the view that an [actor|role] name names a role and
does not directly identify a SOAP node.

Regards

Stuart