Re: SOAP Arrays

 Marc,
 thank you for putting it in there. 8-)
 I have a few comments, corrections and amendments:

 section 3.4.2, 3rd paragraph seems to indicate that all
multi-reference value use the href attribute, while it's all but
one (the one that actually carries the value). I think it should
be rephrased.

 the BNF notation: I'd rename 'size' to be 'concreteSize' because
the current name suggests that '*' is not a size.

 last paragraph before the note: after the recent discussions on
the differences between MUST,SHOULD and MAY, I'd reword the
paragraph to the following:
 "A SOAP Encoding array MAY contain an enc:itemType attribute of
type QName. This type specifies the base type for the type of
every member of the array. The default value of this attribute is
xsd:anyType. Each member's type SHOULD be a subtype of itemType
or it must be the itemType itself. If a member does not specify
its type, it is assumed to be the itemType."
 The weakening of MUST to SHOULD is so as not to require Schema
processing. The added last sentence means to explain further the
intent of the itemType attribute (not only a constraint on the
members, also a default for the members' types).

 the Note: I'd add a sentence to the effect that Partial arrays
and Sparse arrays and any other incomplete arrays can be conveyed
as higher-level structures constructed of normal structs and
complete arrays.

 I'll get to the examples later, I already know I will have some
comments on the examples text, too. 8-)
 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/