Re: Article: Fat protocols slow Web services

On Thursday 10 January 2002 08:06 pm, Kurt Cagle wrote:
> Web Services stack (perhaps even one written using XSLT to keep it
> very generic) could easily be implemented on even a fairly modest
> handheld PC, making that system act like a small server.

I wrote some papers a few years ago about a thing I called "XSL Beans"
that tied XML application data to XSL stylesheet for instantiation.
The idea there was to support a mechanism for mobile applications/UI's
that could be locally instantiated using the most appropriate UI for
the local environment... kind of an XML-based applet if you will.

The papers are online (I think).... but things have progressed a bit
since then. The papers don't talk about the usage above because people
had a tough enough time as it was.