Re: Article: Fat protocols slow Web services

+1

HTTP is not the place to do reliability. HTTPR is 'layered' on top of
HTTP in the sense that it defines a message format that is
transported in the HTTP body, making it opaque to HTTP, but it still
requires on HTTP. You can't take a HTTPR payload and stick it in
SMTP, for example.

If reliability is done this high in the stack, it should either
encapsulate the application protocol (a la TLS) or it should be
integrated well into the application protocol (e.g., as a SOAP
header, or much less preferably, an HTTP extension).

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/