RE: Article: Fat protocols slow Web services

FYI - HTTPR is layered on top of HTTP.
-Dug

"David Orchard" <david.orchard@bea.com>@w3.org on 01/09/2002 12:03:08 PM

Sent by:    xml-dist-app-request@w3.org

To:    <trivedi@india.hp.com>, "'Roger L. Costello'" <costello@mitre.org>,
       "'Xml-Dist-App@W3. Org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
cc:
Subject:    RE: Article: Fat protocols slow Web services

Why is there a need for reliable http?  I believe that reliability should
be
layered on top of HTTP, and SOAP is a good place to do it.

Imagine the multi-hop case, and you can immediately see why the higher
layer
needs end-to-end reliability.

Cheers,
Dave