Re: issue 168 proposal: xsi:type of external references in Encodi ng (fwd)

 Noah,
 my intention was indeed that we specify a new simple type or
that we reuse some XSD binary simple type. The lexical
representation is not important in our case since the value is
not in an XML file. What's important is the value space - arrays
of bytes.
 And I also intended ASCII text files to be typed with this type
for I don't want to specify a gazillion of types.
 Again, the type I talk about above would only be a default for
the case the actual type was not specified otherwise. In this way
we can keep the requirement that every simple value is typed by
an XML Schema simple (possibly sub-) type.
 Regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/