Re: Summary of Issue 194 - encodingStyle

It is not true that "nobody is able to change encodings in the middle of
a graph".  The Mozilla implementation of SOAP 1.1 clearly supports this
-- I couldn't say it is well tested, but that goes for most features of
that implementation.  It is architected for that, and it was easy to see
how that type of encoding or decoding works.

In terms of architecture, our implementation both permits and honors
encoding style changes in the middle of a graph.  Furthermore, it seems
like it is important for modularity.  It seems likely that there are
things a particular encoding will not be able to deal with, that might
be borrowed from a different encoding, such as well-known parts, mime
 edges, or edges that reference into other encodings.

I do not see the advantage in leaving it out, and while there area
number of things I might be inclined to toss, that was never one.

Ray Whitmer
rayw@netscape.com