Re: Summary of Issue 194 - encodingStyle

 Henrik,
 I wouldn't expect something like this from you, it's like your
child, you know... 8-)
 Now seriously, I like this proposal.
 In the binary world we have MIME types. A processor may
expect and handle one type or it may be able to correctly process
multiple types or it may work with any type (for example storing
the data somewhere for possible subsequent processing).
 In the XML subworld we have namespaces. Same situation.
 Moreover, we don't (and cannot) mandate that data serialized
according to the SOAP Encoding rules must be identified as such
in order to be processed as such, so the identification cannot be
relied on.
 Also, as far as I can see, in the "real world" there is an
apparent shift from using data encodings to using plain ol' XML,
in the WSDL terms from encoded to literal use of XML Schema
schemata.
 On the other hand, in some cases, SOAP Encoding in its fullness
(practically indescribable with XML Schema literally) is very
helpful, but my position still is that this is WSDL's problem,
not ours. And anyway, encodingStyle attribute in SOAP is not
necessary even for the current "encoded" use in WSDL.
 I'm wondering whether this will be able to go through, though.
 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/