Re: i154: are roles invariant?

This was my take as well. I thought that the
point was you cannot have a node that acts in
a given role only for selected blocks that are
targetted at that role.

e.g.
	<a actor="foo">
	<b actor="foo">

either the node "processes" both a and b or nothing
depending upon whether it assumes the role of "foo".

This is somewhat complicated by the fact that "to process"
a message as per the SOAP process model, the node that
assumes the role of "foo" in the case above, should it
be an intermediary could forward on a message that
had either a or b (or both!) to a subsequent node as long as the
spec for a and/or b included the provision that the processing
of said block could include the reinsertion of an identical
block...

The processing is invariant with respect to a given
role, either the SOAP node acts in a given role for
the processing of a given message or it does not, period.

I don't think that we have anything to say about how
a node chooses to implement so long as, from the perspective
of an external observer, the SOAP processing rules/model
have been applied as specified.

Cheers,

Chris