Re: Issue 135 - Re: discarding incorrect namespaces

Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com wrote:
> Mark Hadley writes:
>

>>>Thus 2 and 3 should be treated as version
>>>
> errors whereas 4 would be a "Client" fault.
>
> I think I agree, at least in the case of the root element. Does the same
> reasoning apply to, e.g. the immediate children of <envelope> (which are
> expected to be Header, Body, etc.)?  Thanks.

I think the same reasoning should apply. Once the receiver has
established that the sender is sending a SOAP 1.2 envelope (by checking
the namespace on the root element) then any malformation of the envelope
would be a "Client" fault. This would include things like wrong element
names, multiple "Header" or "Body" elements, etc.

Regards,
Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
XML Technology Centre, Sun Microsystems.