Re: RSVP: Resolution to issue #29 satisfactory? (fwd)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@w3.org>
To: "Christopher Ferris" <chris.ferris@sun.com>
Cc: "Jacek Kopecky" <jacek@systinet.com>; <bprice@us.ibm.com>;
<xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: RSVP: Resolution to issue #29 satisfactory? (fwd)

<SNIP>Long version</SNIP>

> Short version: "what is SOAP-encoding for? what is it *not* for?"

Dan,

There are many people, myself included, that do not think that an encoding
schema is necessary for many iteractions. Two parties just need to agree on
what the XML is going to look like for a given exchange.
This will probably be defined in a schema of some sort. There is no need for
any 'standard' data encoding in many of these cases. In fact, I would go so
far as to say we only need a 'standard' encoding for cases where two parties
cannot agree by defining a schema.

Martin