Re: Proposed Clarification for Issues 4 and 23

Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com wrote:
<snip/>

> XMLP/SOAP namespaces. It MUST generate a fault (see section 4.4) on
> receipt of messages using >>SOAP/XMLP-defined elements and attributes<<
> that have incorrect namespaces."

How is any processor (SOAP, XML, otherwise) supposed to arrive
at the conclusion that an incorrect namespace has been used for
>>SOAP/XMLP-defined elements and attributes<< ? This seems to suggest
that an element which has a local name of "Envelope" and a namespace
of "http://www.example.com/mynamespace" is somehow invalid? In
fact, it is a wholly distinct and perfectly valid element
that has a qualified name of
	http://www.example.com/mynamespace:Envelope
quite possibly with distinct semantic meaning from the SOAP/XMLP
Envelope.

The only case that could be made for a fault would be the presence
of an element or attribute that is assigned to the SOAP/XMLP
namespace that also has a local name that is NOT in the set of names
reserved for SOAP/XMLP element and attribute local names.

e.g. a qname of:
	http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Frob
would result in a generated Fault, but a qname of:
	http://www.example.com/mynamespace/:Envelope
would not.

I would also point out that permitting a SOAP/XMLP processor
to process localnames only (ignoring the namespace) should
be considered harmful. How is that same processor supposed to
distinguish between like-element/attribute names from different
namespaces???