Re: INT: Re: Intermediary Discussion

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Martin Gudgin wrote:

> Open questions/issues...
>
> Do XP Intermediaries also sit between the sender of the response and the
> ultimate receiver of that response? And hence also process the response
> message assuming one exists.

One of the uses for an XP intermediary discussed in [1] is to act as an
inter-transport router (e.g. SMTP<-->HTTP). In this case the same
intermediary (or one with an equivalent inverse function) would need to be
interposed for both request and response.

> If the answer to the above question is 'Yes' is the set of intermediaries
> the same for both the request and response message?

A further question relates to the ordering of intermediaries: is it
reversed for responses ? i.e. if we have three intermediaries A, B and C and
the request path is ->A->B->C->, is the response path ->C->B->A ?

Regards,
Marc.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Feb/0021.html