Re: Issue 107: Clarify the terms application, actor & related n otions of identity.

Williams, Stuart wrote:

>>As a result of some private discussion I'd like to offer the following
>>small change to my original proposal for reworking 4.2.2 and 4.2.3.
>>
>>Replace: "The special URI
>>"http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope/actor/next" indicates that the
>>SOAP header block is intended for the very first SOAP node that
>>processes the message."
>>
>>With: "The special URI
>>"http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope/actor/next"
>>indicates that the SOAP header block is intended for the next SOAP
>>node in the SOAP message path."
>>

> Not sure... feels like "tomorrow never comes". Your suggested revision
> captures the meaning of ".../next" on transmission from the a
> node/actor/application/processor, but not receipt at a
> node/actor/application/processor.
>
> Also, I guess its a sort of side issue, but what sort of thing is
> dereferenced by an actor attribute (node/actor/application/processor)?

I think these things are fairly well described in section 2 now but I'm
open to suggestions. The main purpose of the rewording was to remove
overlap so I don't really wan't to reprise anything already covered in
section 2.

Regards,
Marc.

--