Re: native encoding

> Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:26:16 -0500
> From: Ray Denenberg <rden@loc.gov>
>
> > Um. Weren't we talking about MARC records? Were do you stick a
> > suppliedVariant other than in a GRS-1 record?
>
> You put the marc record in grs.  See
> http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/agency/agree/marcgrs.html

This is a good IA.  But Explain is a good service :-)
How many servers actually wrap MARC record like this?
How many do you think will start to do so in order to supply
character-set appliedVariants?

My guesses are, zero and zero.  In that order.  Sorry :-(

)_v__/\  "Half a bee, philosophically, must ipso-facto half not-be,
	 / But half the bee has got to be, vis-a-vis its entity.
	 D'you see? / But can a bee be said to be, or not to be, an
	 entire bee, / When half the bee is not a bee, due to some
	 ancient injury?" -- Monty Python.