Re: native encoding

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 03:54:25PM +0000, Mike Taylor wrote:
> > You put the marc record in grs.  See
> > http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/agency/agree/marcgrs.html
>
> This is a good IA.  But Explain is a good service :-)
> How many servers actually wrap MARC record like this?
> How many do you think will start to do so in order to supply
> character-set appliedVariants?

Actually, we support it by default - but I cannot remember
any of our customers using our system with MARC so its kind
of pointless! :-) Oh, and we were silly enough to support
explain too! :-) :-)

Alan

ps: Sorry - could not resist. And we don't currently support
character-set appliedVariants on MARC records (we do support
and use applied variants however).