Re: Near-final Text for Z39.50-2001 Ballot

Mike Taylor wrote:

> Well, I've finally managed to bludgeon my machine into reading MS-Word
> files (what happened to the PDF and HTML files?)

Mike -- the NISO editor I'm working with has very graciously provided me
with PDF files (because I can't create them myself), which are now
available.

> .... But, Ray, there are no
> changebars or anything (so far as I can see -- am I missing
> something?)  What are we supposed to do?  Read the whole damned
> thing?!

Well I had a philosophical discussion with the NISO board about including
change bars, and the idea was vetoed. When the ballot version is circulated
for ballot, the circulatees are indeed supposed to read the "whole damned
thing".  Nobody is obliged to read this pre-ballot version; I've made it
available for those who want to.

--Ray