Re: Schema noise.

On 6 December 2010 15:03, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Given inheritance, it is reasonable to have any property on any
>>> (non-empty) element.
>>
>> Lets just differ on that one Paul.
>>   When I want editor help to write an fo file
>> I don't want all the inheritance elements presented.
>
> But Dave, if your authoring schema forbids using inheritance it will force
> you to repeatedly specify the same properties over and over again, rather
> than setting them once on (any) suitable ancestor.

No David. I want to get the correct structure in first.
Once that's working I can load another schema (call it full)
and put the appropriate properties on the highest
point appropriate, for inheritance.

That is the 'noisy' schema.

The former one is harder to grasp hence more
needed IMHO.

regards

--
Dave Pawson