Re: Schema noise.

On 06/12/2010 14:49, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On 6 December 2010 14:38, Grosso, Paul<pgrosso@ptc.com>  wrote:
>

>>> Two uses for a  schema.
>>>
>>> 1. When writing an fo tree I only need what is reasonable/implemented.
>>
>> Given inheritance, it is reasonable to have any property on any
>> (non-empty) element.
>
> Lets just differ on that one Paul.
>    When I want editor help to write an fo file
> I don't want all the inheritance elements presented.

But Dave, if your authoring schema forbids using inheritance it will
force you to repeatedly specify the same properties over and over again,
rather than setting them once on (any) suitable ancestor.
Isn't that the last thing you want if hand editing? Like all shortcuts,
the use of the inheritance mechanism is mainly of use for people.
Machines care less if the document is bloated by repeating property
values thousamds of times.

David