Re: base attributes and Schema Validation

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 04:48:46PM -0700, Jonathan Marsh wrote:

> I haven't heard that problem before, and it concerns me.
>
> XInclude adds xml:base attributes so that the [base URI] property and
> any xml:base attributes stay in sync.  However, this could be considered
> the job of the serializer rather than XInclude, which already has to
> account for the possibility of [base URI] changes even if no xml:base
> attributes are present.
>
> Perhaps there should be a processor option for turning off the automatic
> insertion of xml:base attributes.
>
> Or maybe this is just a clue that schema writers should make allowances
> for xml:base attributes, which might be added by XInclude, or by [base
> URI]-aware serializers.

Already faced by the DocBook community as people started using libxml2
XInclude support:
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200302/msg00053.html

As a result they are adding the xml:base attribute to the set of
default attributes allowed.

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |