RE: base attributes and Schema Validation

I haven't heard that problem before, and it concerns me.

XInclude adds xml:base attributes so that the [base URI] property and
any xml:base attributes stay in sync.  However, this could be considered
the job of the serializer rather than XInclude, which already has to
account for the possibility of [base URI] changes even if no xml:base
attributes are present.

Perhaps there should be a processor option for turning off the automatic
insertion of xml:base attributes.

Or maybe this is just a clue that schema writers should make allowances
for xml:base attributes, which might be added by XInclude, or by [base
URI]-aware serializers.