RE: Scoping of IDREF value space when doing selective validation

see below...

Well, the reason the datatypes spec is written that way is because that's
the way ID/IDREF are defined in XML1.0.  If there is an conflict between how
the structures spec defines validation in this regard, as ugly as it may
sound, my first reaction is that it would have to modified to special case
ID/IDREF to account for the "document-ness" of these data types.

You also bring up the case of key/keyref.  The key/keyref definitions give
the processor enough information to evaluate context, even when that context
is beyond the current "validation context"; besides, the context involved in
ID/IDREF is a very simple one, much simpler than potentially the case with a
complex key/keyref.

Is there something that I'm missing?

pvb