Re: Positional data

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 02 Jun 2000 16:23:32 +0100
To: "Mabry, F. DR EECS" <df6954@exmail.usma.army.mil>
Cc: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Speaking personally, I think the general feeling of the WG has been
that we think complex data should be encoded using element/attribute
structure, not by adding additional string types.

There has been some discussion, latterly in abeyance, about whether
just as we provide some derived simple type definitions because
everyone will need/want them, so we should provide a common name for
them, so we should provide some complex type definitions of perceived
general utility.  Your message reminded me of this, I'll raise it with
the WG.