Re: xml-stylesheet base resource identifier

* Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>   http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629 fails to define
>> what the base resource identifier for relative resource identifiers in
>> the href pseudo-attribute is. The xml:base specification attempts to de-
>> fine this, but it applies only the specifications that normatively re-
>> ference xml:base. Please issue a correction clarifying this situation.

>  xml:base can't apply to REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629, the PI is only
>to be used if it appears before the root element, so no defines from xml:base
>could ever affect it since it has by definition to be caried by an element
>and only affect the subtree underneath.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlbase-20010627/>:

  The base URI for a URI reference appearing in the content of a
  processing instruction is the base URI of the parent element of
  the processing instruction, if one exists within the document
  entity or external entity, otherwise the base URI of the document
  entity or external entity containing the processing instruction.

While I do not know when this would apply, I believe it to be trivial to
make a document including a xml-stylesheet processing instruction where
it does not apply. I am unsure what problem you are trying to see here.