Re: Minor comment: elements or attributes ?

Daniel Veillard wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 10:20:26AM +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> >
> > Do you consider that the links are defined by the elements in which
> > those attributes are included or is it a leftover from previous
> > releases?
>
>   IMHO the fact of adding the xlink:type attribute add the linking
> semantic to the element. It hence allow element to describes links,
> I think this was always the case even now that the specification don't
> defines elements in it's own namespace.

Yes, that's what I meant/suspected... some kind of cuckoo attributes
that change the meaning and life of the element in which they are laid
;=) .

It's not exactly what the rec says, though:

"This specification defines the XML Linking Language (XLink), which
allows elements to be inserted into XML documents in order to create and
describe links between resources."

Who knows if the element has been inserted to describe links or if it
wasn't there before and the XLink attributes have been inserted to
provide additional (and optional) information?

This is neither grave nor urgent, but I find the wording both confusing
and debatable.

Thanks for your answer, don't feel like you have to answer again to this
minor point ;=) ...

Eric

> Daniel
>
> P.S.:  Was that a grave dilemna requesting an urgent answer ?

My main point in this other mail [1] was that I would have expected (and
liked) to see the rec announced on www-xml-linking-comments. I have
tried to say so with humor, sorry if I have missed the point.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2001AprJun/0161.html

--
See you at XTech in San Diego.