Re: Minor comment: elements or attributes ?

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 10:20:26AM +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> I find it confusing that the [1] abstract states that:
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xlink-20010627/
>
> "This specification defines the XML Linking Language (XLink), which
> allows elements to be inserted into XML documents in order to create and
> describe links between resources."
>
> When technically speaking what gets added is rather... a set of XML
> attributes!
>
> Do you consider that the links are defined by the elements in which
> those attributes are included or is it a leftover from previous
> releases?

  IMHO the fact of adding the xlink:type attribute add the linking
semantic to the element. It hence allow element to describes links,
I think this was always the case even now that the specification don't
defines elements in it's own namespace.

Daniel

P.S.:  Was that a grave dilemna requesting an urgent answer ?

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com