Re: XPointer here() function

At 22:40 09/11/00 -0500, Eve L. Maler wrote:
>At 10:10 PM 11/9/00 +0000, Matthew Wilson wrote:
>>Yes - although what does "containing" in "the containing XPointer" mean?
>>There does not seem to be any containment going on (necessarily).
>
>It means the XPointer that contains the here() function...  Does this need
>further explanation?

Well, it certainly confused me... perhaps because the previous sentence
also speaks of containment, in the sense of "the node that directly
contains the XPointer". That is probably what threw me off track.

I have found the here() section unclear, but that could just be me. I do
think that the spec would benefit from examples in the here() and origin()
sections though.

Matthew Wilson