Re: XPointer and XHTML

Fragment identifier languages are associated with media types, per RFC
2396.  That is, we don't have any control over how XHTML is served, but if
it is served as */xml, then an XPointer is supposed to work with it.  This
is just the nature of Web architecture...  However, you can see the seeds
of an idea to get more flexibility in the notion of XPointer "schemes."

         Eve

--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com