Re: Latest XLink Candidate Recommendation

At 11:50 AM 7/11/00 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:
>
>>  I'd strongly prefer that XLink
>> require URI references, should it use them at all as identifiers, to be
>> absolutized by the authors - i.e., forbid relative URI references and
>> require literal comparison of strings.
>
>I agree, I agree, but please send it to www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org,
>so that your views get on file.  (Actually, don't bother; I've
>forwarded *this* message there.

Eric van der Vlist had already raised these questions on
xml-linking-comments, to no response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2000JulSep/0013
.html

I'm not sure that getting these views on file as _mine_ is necessary,
though it's probably wise to discuss solutions to XLink's problems on an
XLink list.

Simon St.Laurent