Re: typo?

> Jose had written:

> I'm not sure if you're quoting the MIME type for XML-ENC or just XML?
> The one that has been requested for XML-ENC is application/xenc+xml.
> I'm not sure which one you want to use there :)

My bad. I had not realized that this MimeType corresponds to the plaintext
of the cypher text (as defined in xml:enc), which is text/xml
(the private key parameters).

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 08:45:01AM -0800, Shivaram Mysore wrote:

> In regards to changing of Mime type application/xenc+xml was proposed as an internet draft.  It is not a RFC.  More over that draft has also expired.  The correct way to specify is text/xml .

FYI, The move to application/xenc+xml was recently relaunched once more[1] and it's
the MIME type that's given by the XML encryption recommendation[2]. I don't know
how long this will take, though as they have asked us to resubmit it
again.

> In regards to grammar, "a" or "the" both mean "one".  So, I believe the usage is ok.

OK :) just checking.

> Hence, both of these changes will not be made.  If you believe that this should not be the resoultion, please send additional information.

I agree with your decision.

-jose

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2002/02/mid/6.0.0.20.2.20050314180013.08cc5240@localhost