Re: incosistency between part 1 & 2 specs

Folks,

After some investigation and also looking at existing implementations
[1], I believe we should leave this "asis" in the current spec w.r.t.
wording - 1.1 - REQUIRED and 1.2 RECOMMENDED.

The quality and usability of current implementations has lead me to
this.  I believe this issue should be closed.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/03/soap1.2implementation.html

/Shivaram

Jose Kahan wrote:
> Hi Shivaram,
>
> I fixed the refs. to Soap to point to the latest versions as you
> requested in your previous message.
>
> As I was unable to get a URL pointing to the Soap 1.1 note, I did
> the same thing as the Soap 1.2 spec and I pointed to it using
> /TR/SOAP/ (which in fact redirects to Soap 1.2, but that's not
> our problem).
>
> Could you give input on the following?
>

>>Is this a similar typo? In [2]p[353], we have:
>>
>>SOAP 1.1 Transport	All	REQUIRED	Services MUST support
>>                                    the use of SOAP 1.1 encapsulation
>>SOAP 1.2 Transport	All	RECOMMENDED	Services SHOULD support
>>                                    the use of SOAP 1.2 encapsulation
>>
>>Shouldn't it be required for Soap 1.2 and recommended for Soap 1.1?
>

> Thanks!
>
> -jose

Shivaram H. Mysore <shivaram.mysore@sun.com>

JavaSoft, Sun Microsystems Inc.     Co-Chair, W3C's XKMS WG
                                     http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS

Direct: (408)276-7524
Fax:    (408)276-7674